Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Monday Memo 1/7/19

Good morning!

It's our first full week at school in 2019, and we are raring to go!

Writing

Opinion is our new writing genre.  This is an exciting unit where your child will write persuasive pieces with the aim of convincing the reader to be better friend to the earth.  Not only will your child compose these second grade op-eds, they will also write a script and produce a public service announcement using iMovie.

I am proud that my dad Pat Conaway will be here on Thursday to present to the second graders about the importance of being good stewards to the environment.  A retired middle school teacher, my dad has used his time (when he's not driving my kids around to various activities) to become a community activist.  He has led efforts across Massachusetts to ban plastic bags.  He's the president and founder of Keep Natick Beautiful, an affiliate of Keep America Beautiful.  Clearly, I'm very proud of him, and I'm so excited for him to meet my awesome students.



No comments:

Post a Comment