Friday, March 22, 2019

Monday Memo 3/25/19

Greetings Families,

We had an Open Circle today to discuss my upcoming medical leave. As many of you know, I have an acute tear of the ACL, so I am having ACL reconstruction on Friday, March 29.  It's only day surgery, but there is some recovery time involved, so I will be out for two weeks.  I will be back to school after April vacation, on Monday, April 22 (Earth Day!).  

In my absence, Mr. Lee has arranged for a wonderful substitute teacher.  Her name is Mrs. Bayazitov.  I have completely planned the eleven days, and Mrs. Bayazitov will be supported by my grade level colleagues and the other teachers who work in our classroom.  Please email me if you have questions or concerns during this time.  I will be checking my email, and I will do my best to be responsive.

Your children asked good questions today about what things will be like while I am out.  We made a list of all the things we need to get ready for Mrs. Bayazitov and all the important things she should know about our class.   We will work on preparing everything when we get back to school on Monday, including making the all-important "Welcome!" poster for Mrs. Bayazitov.  The students were very excited about that.  

Although I like to think I'm irreplaceable and absolutely essential, I know that actually this is not the case.  I'm sure the eleven days will fly by, and the children will become very attached to Mrs. Bayazitov.

Thank you for all of your help and support.  

Fantastic Performance

So many of you came to our assembly performance.  Thank you!  Your kids were awesome!  Please click on the link to see it again and again!
Have a great weekend.

Miriam

No comments:

Post a Comment