Saturday, August 15, 2015

Summer Invitation

Greetings Families!

Ah, the first email from your child's second grade teacher.  There will be many more, I can assure you, so brace yourself.  

I hope you are all enjoying a fantastic summer.  Mine has been great.  I worked at a summer camp that my children attended, and we all had a blast.  It ended yesterday, and now I have space in my brain to think about school.  Second grade will be a great experience, and I'm excited to build a special relationship with your child--and with you!

You are all invited to meet me at the Children's Room at the Morse Institute Library in Natick on Thursday, August 20 between 10:30-11:15.  My children will be there, so feel free to bring all of your kids along.

It is nice for your child to see me before school starts in a different setting, and it's a good opportunity for me to meet you as well.  Plus, I'm crazy for books, and I think libraries are basically our most important institutions--everyone is welcome, you can take things home for free, and they are great places for families to spend time together.  

Your Minuteman Library card works there, and if your child does not already have her own card, she can get one.  You just have to show your Massachusetts license, and she has to be able to print her first and last name.

I only had email addresses for eleven families; I'm missing the families of Aubrey Calabro, Drew Conner, Ruth Flacke, Jared Kerrigan, Mya Martorilli, Emiko Niimi, and David Zuckerman.  Please forward this email to those families if you have their addresses.  Thank you for your help.

Hope to see you Thursday!

Miriam

No comments:

Post a Comment