Monday, April 9, 2018

Monday Memo 4/9/18

Good morning!

I am very excited to be at the Massachusetts Reading Association Conference conference today and tomorrow.  Although I will not be at school, your children will still be with me in spirit because Gretchen Knox and I are presenting their Writer's Notebooks at the conference.  In November, Gretchen and I presented a similar workshop at the Connecticut Reading Association, and this conference is a kind of culmination of (almost) a year of writing with your children.   The students and I have discussed this a lot, and they are very proud to know that I am using their work.  I am so grateful to them.

We have an exciting week ahead of us.

Flat Stanley

Thank you so much for helping your child send their Flat Stanley off.  We are excited to share these projects this week.  As I've told the kids, some of the Flat Stanleys don't return by the due date, and it's fine.  We look forward to seeing your child's Flat Stanley when he/she arrives.

Oh, Baby!

Sharing the baby photos on Friday was so much fun, and no one guessed the correct baby on the first try!  If your child did not bring in their photo yet, please help them find one and send it in by Wednesday at the latest.  If you can't find a physical copy or are unable to provide a paper copy, please email it to me, and I will print it.

Mystery Reader

We loved having Dave Richter read to us on Friday.  Please try to sign up to be a Mystery Reader if your child has had someone sign up yet.  If the time listed doesn't work for you, please email me, and we can try to figure something out.

Earth Day

Your whole family is invited to Natick's Earth Day celebration on the Natick Common!  My father Pat Conaway runs this amazing event.  This year I can't attend (because I will be flying home from PARIS!!!), but I hope some of you will be able to check it out.
Penpals

Did you hear?  We received a package from our penpals in California, and they sent us Flat Stanleys!  Can you believe it!  Your child will bring home their penpal's Flat Stanley on Wednesday, and your child will take care of the Flat Stanley during vacation.  You can help your child by taking photos (no more than 5) of Flat Stanley in various places.  More info about this fun assignment will be given on Wednesday.  Stay tuned!

Thank you so much for all of your help and support.

Miriam

No comments:

Post a Comment