Wednesday, September 12, 2018

First Day Letter 2018

September 4, 2018

Greetings Families!
It was nice to meet some of you at the Library Meet-and-Greet in August. It was a pleasure 
getting to know your child today. I am thrilled to be your child’s second grade teacher. We had a 
super day together--second grade rocks!
The body of this email will appear on my blog, which is currently experiencing some issues. 
I’ll let you know when it is up and running.  I sent this notice home on paper, as well as electronically. 
If you did not receive this through your email, please email me because I must not have your correct 
address.  

My email is: miriam_morrison@wayland.k12.ma.us. Please do not email me with dismissal changes, 
as I don't always receive the email in time. Dismissal changes should be communicated via a written 
note from you to me delivered by your child in the morning. Barring that, you must call the school office 
508-358-8641, and they will be sure to get me the message.

My cell is 508-314-2796. Please feel free to call me with any questions after school hours. 
My phone is off during the school day.

I try to send you an email every Monday morning (or, if a Monday holiday, Tuesday morning). 
I read somewhere that people are more likely to read emails on Monday morning than other times 
in the week. Here are a couple of important items:

Special Schedule:

Monday: Music with Ms. Pohl
Tuesday: Technology with Ms. Crozier
Wednesday: Physical Education with Ms. Fraser
Thursday: Library with Ms. Flannery and Skills Lab with Ms. Grace
Friday: Art with Ms. Soeltz

Remember those library books on Thursday and sneakers on Wednesday. 
Sneakers are the best shoes for your child to wear any day of the week. Outdoor play and 
recess are very important for a young child, and it is a shame when a child's footwear interferes 
with her ability to climb and run. Footwear such as flipflops can be a safety issue as well.

Snacks

Please pack a healthy snack each day. Please make sure your child has a reusable water bottle 
(labeled with their name) for classroom use. Water is the only beverage children may drink in the 
classroom, so please do not pack juice or milk for snack.
Important Dates:
  • ●  Curriculum Night is Wednesday, September 12 from 7-7:30

  • ●  Picture Day is Tuesday, September 18.

  • Dismissal Plans:

  • I sent a Dismissal Form through your email. Please fill it out ASAP. Thank you. 
    If you did not receive it, be sure to send me your email. Happy Day One!

  • Miriam Morrison

No comments:

Post a Comment