Monday, September 15, 2014

Monday Memo 9/15/14

Dear Families,

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend.

Back to School Night

Hope to see everyone from 7:00PM-7:30PM on Thursday.

Picture Day

Pictures will be taken on Thursday.  What a big day for me!  I need to look good for photos AND Back to School Night.  That's a tall order when you're in your forties :)   A form was sent home with your child today.  Everyone is supposed to fill out the order form even if you are not purchasing a package, as each child receives the class picture.  Thank you for your help with this.

Homework

A Book Log was sent home with your child today.  This should be filled out and returned on Friday.  This is the beginning of our weekly homework routine.

Math

Numbers everywhere!  We have talked a lot about the math about ourselves:  our ages, the number of our birth month, the numbers in our addresses... A few years ago, I stopped discussing the digits in your phone number, as most children don't know those anymore.  My own children certainly don't.  Isn't that funny?

We are beginning the year with a unit on Number Combinations.  Even and odd numbers have been the focus of some of our introductory lessons.  Your child took a short pretest before we began the unit, and there will be a short post-test as well.  I will share that with you at our conference in October.

Pokemon

I have temporarily outlawed Pokemon cards.  Please do not allow your child to bring them to school.  They are causing a major distraction.  Thanks for your help with this.

I would write more, but I don't want to give it all away!  We have Back To School Night on Thursday! Much more to come!

Thank you!

Miriam

No comments:

Post a Comment