Monday, September 22, 2014

Monday Memo 9/22/14

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend.  I loved seeing so many of you at Back to School Night.  You were a very kind audience and laughed at my jokes.

Conferences

You should have received an email from me inviting you to sign up for a fall conference via signup genius.  Please let me know if you did not receive it or if you had trouble accessing it.

Homework

You can find the homework that was sent home today by clicking on the "Homework" tab on my blog.  Of course, your child has a copy of it in his/her folder as well.  I told the kids to put it in a prominent location (the refrigerator, perhaps?), so they can check it every day and see what they are supposed to do.  Your child will receive a new homework calendar for October next week.  The procedure is for the student to hold onto the calendar.  Every Friday, your child should bring the papers to school that were due that week, including the reading log, which is due every Friday.  I collect all the homework on Friday.  Thanks for your help.

Science

We had lots of fun today doing an experiment about air pressure.  There were balloons flying around our room and many curious young scientists.  Ask your child about it!  This is part of our unit about weather.  Try to take a moment this week to look at the clouds with your child; after all, that's what meteorologists do.

If you observe Rosh Hashanah, I hope you have a lovely holiday.  Have a great week!

Miriam





No comments:

Post a Comment