Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Monday Memo (Tuesday Edition) 10/31/17

Good morning!


Well, as we say at Happy Hollow, that was unexpected!  As a working parent, I can only imagine the havoc this is wreaking in your house right now, having your children home from school for the second day in a row.  I'm sorry for the stress.

Veggie Skeletons
Thank you so much to everyone who signed up to contribute cut up vegetables for our Halloween project.  It's not candy, but it's still fun.  Please send it in on Wednesday.  We'll still do it.

November Homework Calendar
A hard copy of the November Homework Calendar will be sent home on tomorrow.

Noticing Notebooks
In an effort to live like writers, the second graders now have Noticing Notebooks, a place where they can jot down their thoughts at any time or interesting observations they'd like to record.  Here are some writers and their Noticing Notebooks in action:



Weather
It was a rainy week, so we placed the rain gauge in the Happy Hollow Garden.  We checked it every morning.  Last week, we got almost two inches of rain!




Mystery Reader
Thank you, Todd Ingwersen!

Start Spreading the News....
The New York Marathon is THIS Sunday, November 5, and I am running it!  I am very excited and incredibly nervous.  If you care to track me, you can download the NYC Marathon app on your phone.  My bib number is 69576.  However, please be aware that if you are tracking me, settle in and get comfortable; it's going to be a long day--5 hours and change if all goes well.

As I will be driving back from New York, I will not be in school on Monday, November 6.  An excellent substitute is scheduled, and I'm sure it will be a great day.


Have a wonderful week.  Please contact me with any questions or concerns.

Miriam

No comments:

Post a Comment