Monday, November 13, 2017

Monday Memo 11/13/17

Good morning!

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend.
 
Veteran's Day

We are proud to know Ms. Perodeau in the Happy Hollow School office.  She is the Special Education secretary, and her son Todd is currently serving in Afhganistan.  This week, students learned about Lieutenant Commander Perodeau and wrote him cards thanking him for his service.  We will send them off soon, and we hope that LTC Perodeau is surprised and delighted to receive notes from his mom's school.

Veterans Day is special for me because my brother Colonel Brett Conaway served twice in Iraq, in 2000 and in 2004, with the military police.  I missed him, but that was nothing compared to the pain of separation from their father for my nephews (who were 4 and 6 the first time he was deployed) and my brave sister in law, and for my parents, who were very worried. We are so lucky that he returned safely to us.

Spelling

Your child should have come home today with a spelling list consisting of twenty-ish words.  Their only homework tonight was to do the task they did in school:  cut out the words, and sort them into the appropriate columns.  If the word list was lost, your child can let me know tomorrow.  We have extras.

Have a great week!

Miriam




No comments:

Post a Comment