Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Monday Memo (Tuesday Edition) 1/2/18

Happy New Year!  I hope you had a wonderful vacation.  We just returned from North Conway, where we had a great time skiing.  For the third year in a row, we stayed at this adorable bed and breakfast that DID NOT have television in the bedrooms.  The first year, my husband and I felt a fair amount of trepidation at the prospect of three days without TV, but it turned out great, our children actually interacted, and they begged to go back.  Now, of course, as I typed this on New Year's Day evening, all three of them were staring blankly at various screens, but I'm hanging on to that small victory up north. 

Homework

Please click here for the January Homework Calendar. 

Spelling

Our word work resumes next week.  I generally prefer not to do spelling on four day weeks, but spelling is back next week!  Please click here if you need another copy of the Spelling Practice Menu.


Sharing

In January, we begin assigned sharing on five day weeks.  Click here for the Sharing Schedule.  The first assignment is due next week on your child's sharing day.  It is "Someone you admire."  This could be someone from your child's life, a famous person, an athlete, anyone.  Your child should bring in a photo of that person or something else that symbolizes that person.

Thank you

Thanks again for your fabulous class gifts!  The magnet builders will really help entertain the troops during all these upcoming indoor recesses.  And I just spent my Amazon gift card! 

Have a great week! 

Miriam

No comments:

Post a Comment